The mission of Amory School District is to ensure maximum levels of learning for all.
The school district serves approximately 1,845 students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Over 235 dedicated personnel are employed by the Amory School District. We hope you find the information on our website meets your needs. If you’re looking for something that you can’t find, e-mail us and we’ll be glad to see what we can do to help.
The purpose of the Safe and Drug Free Schools Program is to support programs that prevent violence in and around schools; that prevent the illegal use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs; that involve parents and communities, and that are coordinated with related Federal, State, school and community efforts and resources to foster a safe and drug-free learning environment that supports student academic achievement.
The vision of Amory School District is to be a collaborative community of learners built upon high expectations and success for all.
· We believe that student achievement is the chief priority for the school and should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
· We believe that establishing and maintaining high expectations and a commitment to excellence are critical components to successful students.
· We believe a safe and orderly environment insures an atmosphere that promotes teaching and learning.
· We believe that all people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
· We believe that modeling and reinforcing basic values such as respect, trustworthiness, caring, fairness, citizenship, cultural awareness and responsibility is an integral part of education.
· We believe that each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
· We believe each student has the ability to learn and be successful and must assume responsibility for his/her own potential.
· We believe students, teachers, administrators, the Board, parents and community members working together as a team to build a strong foundation for learning share the responsibility for a successful education.
· We believe co-curricular and extracurricular programs help prepare our students for success with life, college preparatory and workforce skills.
· We believe all students have the right to an education, but not the right to interfere with the education of others.
· We believe learning is a lifelong process and is essential for everyone in the educational community.